University of Würzburg
Department for Artificial Intelligence
and Applied Computer Science
Phone: +49 931 / 31 - 80722
Fax: +49 931 / 31 - 86732
- Automatic Semantic Text Tagging on Historical Lexica by Combining OCR and Typography Classification. in DATeCH 2019 (accepted for oral presentation) (2019).
- State of the Art Optical Character Recognition of 19th Century Fraktur Scripts using Open Source Engines. in DHd 2019 Digital Humanities: multimedial & multimodal (2019).
- Ground Truth for training OCR engines on historical documents in German Fraktur and Early Modern Latin. in JLCL: Special Issue on Automatic Text and Layout Recognition (2019).
- Comparison of OCR Accuracy on Early Printed Books using the Open Source Engines Calamari and OCRopus. in JLCL: Special Issue on Automatic Text and Layout Recognition (2018).
- Calamari - A High-Performance Tensorflow-based Deep Learning Package for Optical Character Recognition. in Digital Humanities Quarterly (submitted to). Preprint available at arXiv (2018).
- Improving OCR Accuracy on Early Printed Books by combining Pretraining, Voting, and Active Learning. in JLCL: Special Issue on Automatic Text and Layout Recognition (2018).
- Improving OCR Accuracy on Early Printed Books by Utilizing Cross Fold Training and Voting. in 2018 13th IAPR International Workshop on Document Analysis Systems (DAS) (2018).
- Transfer Learning for OCRopus Model Training on Early Printed Books. in 027.7 Journal for Library Culture (2017).
- Case Study of a highly automated Layout Analysis and OCR of an incunabulum: ‘Der Heiligen Leben’ (1488). in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Digital Access to Textual Cultural Heritage (2017).
- LAREX – A semi-automatic open-source Tool for Layout Analysis and Region Extraction on Early Printed Books. in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Digital Access to Textual Cultural Heritage (2017).
- Expectation-driven Text Extraction from Medical Ultrasound Images. in Studies in Health Technology and Informatics (2016).
- Autonomous Quadrocopter for Search, Count and Localization of Objects. in Recent Advances in Robotic Systems (2016).
- Cross Dataset Evaluation of Feature Extraction Techniques for Leaf Classification. in International Journal of Artificial Intelligence & Applications (2016).
- Since October 2018: Acting director of the Digitization Unit at the Centre for Philology and Digitality of the University of Würzburg.
- Since October 2015: Research assistant at the Chair for Artificial Intelligence and Applied Computer Science at the University of Würzburg.
- 2013-2015: Studies of Computer Science (Master, specialized in Intelligent Systems) at the University of Würzburg. Award for exceptional academic achievements. Master Thesis: Evaluation von Methoden zur Bildverarbeitung für Objekterkennung am Beispiel der Klassifikation von Bäumen
- 2009-2013: Studies of Aerospace Computer Science (Bachelor) at the University of Würzburg. Bachelor Thesis:Implementierung und Evaluierung einer Objekterkennung für einen Quadrocopter